I may get paid commission for purchases made after clicking a link in this post.
Want to diversify your blogging income? Want a way to monetize your blog that doesn’t rely on having huge pageviews or spending hours on social media? Want a way to earn money from your blog that’s both passive and scalable? Want to get significantly better RPMs than you currently get from ads? Want to learn how to create and launch a successful online course in just 8 weeks? Then you need Online Course Jumpstart!
WHAT YOU GET…
ONLINE COURSE JUMPSTART is your complete step-by-step guide to creating and launching a successful online course IN JUST 8 WEEKS!
Here’s a sneak peep of what’s inside…
- The FIVE BIGGEST MISTAKES people make when creating online courses
- The ONE BIG DIFFERENCE between a SUCCESSFUL course business and an UNSUCCESSFUL one
- How to find a course topic your audience wants to learn about SO BADLY, they’ll be falling over themselves to THROW THEIR CREDIT CARDS AT YOU
- How to properly VALIDATE your course topic idea (so you don’t waste time creating a course no one wants!)
- Why creating a COURSE OUTLINE is so important (and HOW to do it!)
- Why you almost certainly DON’T NEED AS MUCH TECH as you think you do to create an online course
- How to create HIGH QUALITY course videos, downloads and bonuses EVEN ON A BUDGET!
- Tips on choosing the RIGHT PRICING STRATEGY from an ex grocery sector promotions manager (yep, that used to be my job before blogging!)
- Step-by-step help to create a KILLER SALES PAGE that converts like CRAZY!
- The SEVEN essential components of a SUCCESSFUL COURSE LAUNCH
OH BUT THERE’S MORE…
You’ll also get these AWESOME BONUSES!!!
- The Complete 8 Week Course Project Plan (the exact one I personally use to create and launch all my courses!)
- How to set up a waitlist for your course (step-by-step video tutorial)
- Course Outline Template
- Text-Based Lectures Checklist
- Video Recording Cheatsheet
- Designing a successful sales page (step-by-step video tutorial)
- Done-for-you Launch Sequence Swipe Copy
- How to create a course launch opt-out (step-by-step video tutorial)
- How to ensure customers don’t receive sales emails (step-by-step video tutorial)
- The Perfect Course Launch Timetable
AND you’ll get a special invite to join my exclusive student-only group: the PRODUCTIVE BLOGGING INNER CIRCLE, where you can hang out with other course students, ask questions, get feedback, share tips and celebrate successes!
PLUS GET THREE BONUS COURSES!
- BONUS COURSE #1: Student Onboarding and Support
- BONUS COURSE #2: How to run an affiliate scheme for your course
- BONUS COURSE #3: Selling your course after your launch
WHY CREATE AN ONLINE COURSE?
The online course market is booming. Here are a few stats* to get you excited:
- The global online learning industry has been on a steady rise in the past two decades. Since 2000, it has grown by a whopping 900%.
- The global online learning market is expected to double in size from around $250 billion in 2020 to $499.1 billion in 2027
- Thinkific and Teachable, the two leading platforms for creating and selling online courses, have together helped course creators make more than $1 billion in revenues to date.
- When it comes to pricing, the average price of courses sold through the Teachable platform is $177 while almost 25% of schools priced their courses in excess of $200.
Bloggers are perfectly placed to take advantage of this online course boom: you have the audience, you have the skills (if you can create a blog, you can create an online course!) and you have knowledge people out there would gladly pay you for… to get to where they want to be faster!
WANT A SNEAK PEEP INSIDE ONLINE COURSE JUMPSTART?
Then check out the course curriculum….
(Click on the image to preview the course)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take me to complete this course?
I have designed this course to take you from zero to creating and launching your first online course in 8 weeks. The actual course material can obviously be consumed in a much shorter period (you could probably blast through it all in a day if you really wanted to!)
But the purpose of this course is to help you create and launch your first online course, and to do that you will need to also do the action points at the end of each module/unit and this will obviously take much more time.
The 8 week time frame is a realistic one, based on my experience of creating 3 successful online courses. But you are obviously free to go at your own pace, if you prefer!
Do I have to have a blog to do this course?
I have designed this course specifically with bloggers in mind, but no, you don’t technically have to have a blog to do this course. However you do need to have an existing audience and have built up a good degree of expertise/experience in the thing you want to teach.
A blog will help you with both of these things, but is not strictly a prerequisite for doing this course, if you have built up an audience plus expertise/experience in another way.
Will there be any additional costs or hidden charges?
There are two things you will need to spend money on in order to complete this course: 1) A good quality email service provider (e.g. ConvertKit) and 2) A course platform (e.g. Teachable).
It may be that your existing email service provider is sufficient. In which case, you will not need to spend any additional money here. However, marketing an online course requires certain more advanced email marketing features, which not all email service providers offer, so you may need to upgrade.
However, one thing you will definitely need, if you want to create an online course, is a course platform, such as Teachable or Thinkific. These course platforms will enable you to accept payments and actually deliver your course to students. They will handle all the complexity of making your course look good and function well, as well as dealing with payments, taxes, affiliate commissions and more.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and never ends! It is a completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish.
How long do I have access to the course?
How does lifetime access sound? After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for as long as you like – across any and all devices you own.
Is there any support?
When you enrol in Online Course Jumpstart, you’ll get a special invite to join my exclusive student-only group: the Productive Blogging Inner Circle, where you can ask course questions, request feedback and celebrate successes!
Pin this post to read later
**No guarantees disclaimer** There are obviously no guarantees in blogging and in business… I personally have earned good money doing the things I share in Online Course Jumpstart. However, how much you will earn from your online course depends on you – the topic you choose, the quality of the course materials you create, how big your existing audience is, how hard you work and a thousand other variables. I therefore cannot – and do not – promise you any specific level of income resulting from following the steps in this course.