Fancy writing for Productive Blogging? I love to feature guest posts from my fellow bloggers! If you have a topic you think would be just perfect for Productive Blogging readers, then please read the guidelines below (carefully!) then pitch me your idea…
What kind of content do I publish?
I accept guest posts on topics that would interest the readers of Productive Blogging. Productive Blogging readers typically have a self-hosted WordPress blog and either make a full-time or part-time income from blogging, or want to make money from blogging in the future. They want their blogs to be successful, but they often don’t have a lot of time to blog and so are looking for blogging and productivity tips that will help them get maximum results in the limited amount of time they have available to blog.
I particularly look for guest posts on subjects where the writer has more experience/expertise in the particular topic than I do. (I don’t tend to accept guest posts on topics I specialise in.) For example, previous guest posts have been on topics such as PR for bloggers, How to go from blog to book deal , How to overcome self-doubt and fear of failure to fulfil your true (blogging) potential and How to get freelance blogging work.
Please do take some time to browse my previous guest posts to get an idea of what kind of topics get accepted. It should go without saying that I only accept high-quality, well written guest posts.
Guest posts on Productive Blogging should adhere to the following guidelines:
- The post must be well written, with correct spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- It must be well structured, with subheadings, bullet points, quotes etc.
- Minimum 1000 words.
- You should carry out keyword research and optimize your post for your focus and secondary keywords appropriately.
- It must be your original work and NOT published anywhere else (including your own blog!).
- You must cite your sources for statistics and quotations (where appropriate).
- You may link back to your own blog / social media channels naturally within the text of your guest post, but such linking should not come across as excessive or spammy.
- You must provide a brief author bio and headshot.
- You may also provide photographs / screengrabs / graphics to illustrate your guest post, where appropriate. (This is optional, I can use stock images if you have nothing suitable.)
- You should also link back to at least one previously published post on Productive Blogging (preferably more!) naturally within your text.
- Guest posts should be submitted as a Word document or Google doc.
Please read my guide to writing the perfect blog post for more advice on how to write a successful blog post.
How to submit your pitch
Please send your pitch via email with ‘Guest Post Pitch‘ as the subject. Your pitch should contain the following:
- The title of your proposed guest post
- A brief summary of the main points / headings
- Proposed word count
- Your name and blog URL
- Reasons why you are qualified to write on this topic (for example: personal experience, professional experience, qualifications…)
If you have a few ideas, feel free to send 2-3 pitches in the same email.
Please note, I do not accept unsolicited articles. So please do not start writing your article until your pitch has been accepted!